Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mr. President



Happy 199th birthday, Abe. You don't look a day over 80. Har. Because of you, my husband doesn't have to work next Monday. I do, however. Here's my beef. If you were the president of equality, how come we all don't have President's Day off? Just asking. Anyway, have a good one, and don't let Mary talk you into a movie.

Page count update -366. That's thirty-six over the weekend. Wowzers! I didn't write yesterday because my villain had a bad case of the wimps. I think she was ready to sit down and swap recipes with the heroine, so I have to go back and find out where she lost her moxie. Then there's the rest of the smack-down and loose ends. Second draft should take a couple of weeks.

Last week, I went back and re-read TDS, which is damn good and hot! I have a March 1 deadline to start in on it again. Hellllo Gabe!

3 comments:

Bronwyn Green said...

I hate it when they start trading recipes. Wenches.

Jenny Trout said...

LOL, that's the exact picture I sent to CETUSA with the note about Abe liking popcorn!

Unknown said...

I don't get president's day off at work anymore either. We used to, but now it's been exchanged for Martin Luther King day. I think we should have both off.