Monday, November 12, 2007

Writing a book is like a hockey game


Let me explain why.

Both have three periods - a beginning, a middle and an end

Fights are known to break out

There are penalties for misbehavior

There are heroes and villains

It can go into overtime

In the case of the one I attended Saturday, the first few minutes (chapters) and the last few minutes (chapters) were the most exciting

You never know what will happen

There are always distractions
The only differences is - the heroes in a book generally have all their teeth and at the end, they get the girl instead of a big cup. Or a girl with big cups. Or -

Now let's hear your comparisons.

My book is like a ?

NaNo page count:82

2 comments:

Jenny Trout said...

My book is like a book, because I don't want to get hit in the face with a hockey stick.

Brynn Paulin said...

You should teach a seminar on this. Great comparison!