Thursday, November 15, 2007

Whew, made it!

Fourteen days of NaNo, one hundred pages. Who would have thought? I slowed down for a day or two because I'd written myself into a corner and finally said "I can fix this later." Tonight is the second turning point, when Richard has to make the decision that will keep Lissa from the evil henchman. BIG, life altering decision.
This weekend, they have sex (woo-hoo) probably the earliest two of my characters have done it. (Not everyone can write it in the first chapter, er, scene, er, paragraph) I don't think it will be pretty, lyrical sex (Fwhuh?) Obligation on his part, and she'll be so twisted up inside trying not to empath his feelings that she won't allow herself to let go. All subject to change, of course. I have Andrea Bocelli to listen to, and time blocked out.
In other news, we had to put our kitty down. A really, really, really tough decision, but it was time. On the up, unfeeling owner side, know where I can get good carpet cheap?
Time to get out my agent list and submit again. Two a week. This will make it my. . .second week in a row. One thing about email queries, there's no waiting months and months for rejection.

3 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Well done on NANO. I'm so sorry about the kitty. Hugs.

Bronwyn Green said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. :( {{{Hugs honey}}}

Jenny Trout said...

I wish I could have a giant word count. But I have to get ready for a homestudy. Bah humbug.