Monday, December 31, 2007

What part of discontinue don't you understand?

I know they have a script they have to follow, but how many times do I have to tell AT&T I no longer require their land line? Or any optional services (a forwarding email for $20, an alternate phone line, etc, etc.) or that the line does not connect to internet, Tivo, a respirator for my dying dog or that no one else in the household (Santa?) is going to fight my decision to disconnect from a service that only brings bill collectors for family members not living in this state or a law enforcement officer selling tickets? For this I pay a half-day's wages? It especially irked me when she asked how I was going to stay in touch with family members. I waffled between semaphore and smoke signals but went with it wasn't her business. Jeez.

In other news, I've been on a cleaning bender. The simple task of putting away the Christmas decorations morphed into cleaning out the teeny, tiny storage area. That sequed into taking care of the dozens of craft magazines, travel magazines, etc I've collected over the last decade. Why did I move them with me? I have to split them up when I toss them or risk a lawsuit from the garbage man for physical duress.
Now that I have all the important articles/patterns ripped out and filed, I feel better. Of course, there's still all the minutae I've collected for each story, none of which is collated into one binder. That's my next project. God, I love long weekends.
And yes, I am writing. I finished a hot love scene and am starting to look toward the big, black moment. My goal is to have the vomit draft down by Jan 31st and the final within a couple of weeks. My first drafts are clean, but there's always something that crops up that needs to be referenced to earlier. Like Rue's pregnancy. She wasn't pregnant at the beginining, but the Girls kept nagging me, so, about page 150, it was first mentioned. Hey, they thought it seemed important to the plot.
What has been the biggest surprise your characters have thrown at you?

No comments: