Sunday, December 9, 2007

Russian Rockabilly


Okay, I've abandoned YouTube in favor of MySpace. My favorite radio station www.specialradio.net/6 has a click here button for CD and recommended records (Records? I'll take a 45 with a side order of 33 1/3, please) As this is a Russian station, most of the bands have weird names like Братья по разуму and Идолы Молодежи. Damn, I wish I could read Russian. Wait, there's babel fish, er, alta vista. The first is Brothers to Reason, the second Idols of the Young People. Weird.
Of the English names, I randomly picked this one:


Which is really a Russian band that specializes in rockabilly and psychobilly music. (Do they look like Johnny Cash to you? More like the Russian Mafia Youth Group) Go to the link for samples. I especially like Ghostriders in the Sky. Or, the Lazarus Connection's version - Ghostwriters in the Sky. Anyone have the literary version lyrics?

3 comments:

Jenny Trout said...

Wait, I'll go home and get my Russian phonetics flash cards and sound them out for you. You'll at least be able to pronounce them that way!

Brynn Paulin said...

LOL Jen! I'm so not shocked that you have Russian phonetic flash cards.

Cheryl...sorry, but I'm starting a pool on how long it takes for you to return to Youtube *eg*

Bronwyn Green said...

Weirdly enough, the one on the right looks like my brother, Martin.