Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Get your groove on

I'm looking for ideas to get back into the writing groove. You know, when you've found the place where you are a conduit to a higher power. Words write themselves. You look up, and two hours have passed. Your fingers can't move fast enough, and you're making handwritten notes on scrap paper so you won't lose a thought.
I had this last night. After I went to bed. I was brilliant. The ideas sizzled. The phrasing was poetry. The ideas flew. I'd laugh at my own wit and remind myself not to forget a certain idea.
This morning? Butkus. Should have got up and at least found a piece of paper. All I have left is this weird dream that had less to do with my WIP and more with a displaced Mayberry.
So, how do you stir up the creative juices?

2 comments:

Jenny Trout said...

Booze.

Actually, I find that putting myself in situations where I can't write (like cleaning the house, doing stuff like that) makes me want to write more, and I usually write a ton after I'm deprived of being able to for a while.

Brynn Paulin said...

Maybe one of those foil hats like in Signs.