Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I hope they got it wholesale

The blood, that is. There's huge amounts of blood, or stage blood, or Karo syrup mixed with raspberry Kool-Aid in this movie. I hope you're not squeamish. Just do what I did - close your eyes and wait for the sound of the body hitting the floor. It's okay to watch after that.
This is probably the brightest scene in the movie (the dream sequence.) I'm surprised, as Tim Burton trades in dark, in multiple ways.

I want all of Helena Bonham Carter's costumes. I'm a sucker for a good costume. Where I'd wear it is another story, but the detail is awesome. I suppose I could sew them myself, but I've pretty much given up sewing. Maybe a hem or two on a good day, but that's pushing it.

If you like dark humor, dark stories, dark musicals and being surprised by the singing talent of people not considered singers, go see this movie.
And close your eyes when they sit in the barber chair and don't open them until you hear the sound of the body hitting the bricks. You'll thank me.

3 comments:

Stephanie Michels said...

Sounds like the costuming was wonderful. But you know me...I have one important question.

How were the SHOES?

- Stephanie

Bronwyn Green said...

I too want all of HBC's costumes - they were amazing! I'd wear them to school if I had them...hell...I'd wear them grocery shopping.

Brynn Paulin said...

I loved that scene you have pictured. Cracked me up.

I'll admit...so of those dresses were pretty darn cool.